FAQ & RULES
Frequently Asked Questions and Rules
Q: What is the Mendon Twin Drive-In?
A: It’s America’s most beloved drive-in movie theater, with a proud sixty-one year history. We feature two first run movies on two giant screens in digital video and audio (four films nightly). We have many modern improvements plus Judi’s Snack Bar, Pop’s Beer Garden, and Ernie’s Ice Cream.
Q: How much is it?
A: $25 per car or $5 per person over six people to see two movies.
Q: When are you open?
A: Open seven nights a week Memorial Day to Labor Day. Open weekends only several weeks before and several weeks after those periods. The show starts when it gets dark. For instance, July 4, about 8:45PM. The box office opens at 5, 6, or 7pm, please check MendonDriveIn.com for any particular night. We open even if it rains, check our website and Facebook for rare cancellations.
Q: What food and beverage do you offer?
A: Judi’s Snack Bar serves: Cheese Pizza, Pepperoni Pizza, Popcorn Chicken, French Fries, Nachos, Cheeseburgers, Corn Dogs, Hot Dogs, Mac N’ Cheese Bites, Pretzels, Fried Dough, Mozzarella Sticks, Fresh Popped Popcorn, Candy, several soft drinks including Pepsi and bottled water. Ernie’s Ice Cream serves Cups, Cones, Sundaes, Shakes, and Floats. Pop’s Beer Garden serves six draft beers, red wine, white wine, and sangria. (This menu is not complete and is subject to change.)
Q: Wait, you have a beer garden?
A: Yes. Pop’s Beer Garden is the white picket fence area between Screen One and Screen Two. Alcohol must remain in the beer garden. The beer garden has seating and shade and a stage, you can see and hear Screen One, pick up popcorn and pizza, and kids are welcome.
Q: How do I find out the movie schedule?
A: MendonDriveIn.com lists current movies under Now Showing and the upcoming weekend movies under Coming Soon. Facebook and 508-473-4958 also provide listings. We announce the weekend schedule every Monday or sometimes Tuesday.
Q: What do I do when I get there?
A: Drive to any of the four ticket windows that are open. Buy a ticket. Drive to Uno’s Screen One (the first screen you see) or Screen Two (drive along woods to the next lot) depending on which movie you’re seeing. Speed limit is 5MPH. Choose a parking space; you can park facing forward or backward. Screen One sound is 89.3FM on your car radio, Screen Two is 90.1FM on your car radio. You can also bring a radio, if it’s tuned only to the movie sound signal.
Q: When should I get there?
A: Please leave enough time to buy your tickets at the box office, park your vehicle properly, and get some food and drinks. We rarely sell out on weekdays. We sometimes sell out on weekends. The earliest we sold out was 7PM on a Friday night, so if you arrive within the first hour that we open the gates on the weekend, or anytime on weekdays, you should not have a problem. Some customers arrive as soon as we open so they can get their favorite parking spaces, set up their chairs and blankets, play games, and visit Pop’s Beer Garden, Judi’s Snack Bar, and Ernie’s Ice Cream before we get busy.
Q: What are the parking rules?
- Park twelve inches or less from the pole.
- If your vehicle seats are low to the ground, we recommend parking in the first four rows of white poles section close to the movie screen.
- Vehicles over 6 feet high must park in pink pole section.
- Vehicles over 6 ½ feet high must park in yellow pole section.
- Height includes your raised hatch or anything that causes the top of your vehicle to be more than 6 feet or 6 ½ feet off the ground.
- Hatches must be tied down, at least one inch below roof, immediately upon arrival. Our parking lot attendants provide string and help; please let us know if you need assistance.
- You can not, for any reason or any length of time, save a space for anyone else. Spaces are strictly first come, first serve, to be fair to everyone.
- Chairs, blankets, people, etc. must be directly in front of your vehicle, not to the side of your vehicle or behind your vehicle.
- Vehicle must point straight at the screen you purchased your ticket for.
- You can not sit on your vehicle roof.
- You can not run your vehicle engine, turn on your lights, smoke, vape, or drink alcohol in or near your vehicle.
- You can not bother your neighbors in any unreasonable way. If management determines that you’re bothering neighbors, you’ll be asked to leave.
Q: Can I get there late or leave early?
A: Yes, you can leave before the first or second movie ends. The price is the same regardless of your arrival or departure time, including if you come just for the second movie.
Q: Can I meet my friends at the drive-in or can someone walk into the drive-in after we get there and park?
A: No, you must arrive in the same car, and you can’t meet at the entrance or switch cars anywhere near the drive-in. If you leave a car at the End Zone next door to the drive-in entrance, you’ll be towed at your expense.
Q: When do you serve food and drinks?
A: We serve food and drinks from the time we open until the first movie, during the first movie, and through the end of intermission, right up until the second movie starts.
Q: Do you have restrooms?
A: Yes, restrooms are available from the time we open through end of the second movie. Drive-In restrooms are outside Judi's Snack Bar facing the box office / drive-in entrance.
Q: Can I bring alcohol?
A: No, you can’t bring beer, wine, or any alcohol, or you'll be ejected without refund.
Q: What are the rules for alcohol service?
A: Our TIPS certified bartenders in Pop’s Beer Garden require all customers, regardless of age, to present proper identification: Valid driver’s license, valid state liquor I.D., valid U.S. passport, or valid active duty military I.D. Beer and wine must remain inside Pop’s Beer Garden.
Q: Do you accept credit cards?
A: Yes, we accept credit cards for movie tickets, food, and beverage. We have an ATM machine inside Judi’s Snack Bar.
Q: Do you host parties?
Q: Can I switch screens?
A: No, that’s prohibited by our movie studio contracts.
Q: Can I leave and come back?
A: No, you cannot leave and come back for any reason or any amount of time.
Q: Can I play catch?
A: Yes, if you're not bothering other customers. Frisbees, footballs, tennis balls, anything soft is OK. Baseballs are not allowed.
Q: Do you allow dogs?
A: Yes, but they must remain on a leash and be well cared for and controlled at all times by the owner. Dogs are not allowed in Judi’s Snack Bar or Pop’s Beer Garden. Please bring food and a bowl of water for your dog; we’re unable to do this for you.
Q: Can I smoke or vape?
A: You can not smoke or vape in your car or anywhere but the designated Smoking Section behind Judi’s Snack Bar and near Pop’s Beer Garden.
Q: My vehicle has daytime running lights; what do I do?
A: Please consult your owner’s manual before coming to the drive-in and make sure you know how to turn them off so you won’t bother your neighbors.
Q: Will my car battery die?
A: Put your car in the ACC (accessory) position to avoid draining your battery, see your manual before you go to the drive-in. If your car battery dies, go to Register #1 in Judi’s Snack Bar, fill out form, and we’ll provide help at intermission or after the second movie.
Q: Do you provide radios?
A: You can listen on your car radio. Screen 1 is 89.3FM; Screen 2 is 90.1FM. We have a limited number of FM radios. Please go to Judi’s Snack Bar, Register #1, you’ll need to leave your license to borrow a radio.
Q: What about charity requests?
A: Charity requests must be mailed, on your organization stationary, with your 5013c, to our office:
P.O. Box 277
Allston, MA 02134
Q: What if I lost something?
Q: Do you sell gift certificates?
A: Yes, go to Register #1 in Judi’s Snack Bar.
Q: What if I need medical attention?
A: We recommend that you keep a first aid kit in your vehicle. For band-aids, please go to Register #1 in Judi’s Snack Bar. For emergencies, see any member of our staff so we can help or call for help.
Q: Can I bring a grill?
A: No. We do not allow open flames of any kind. Candles with one inch wick and no fuel source are allowed.
Q: Do I have to wear shirt and shoes?
Q: How much is a motorcycle?
A: $25 is the charge if you enter on a motorcycle.
Q: How much is a mobile home or RV?
A: $25 if it takes up one space, $50 if it takes up two spaces, $75 if it takes up three spaces, etc.
Q: Can I bring fireworks or a laser pointer?
A: No. Anyone who brings fireworks or a laser pointer or anything dangerous or disruptive will be ejected without refund.
Q: Are there hotels in the area?
A: Yes, please Google: Mendon Milford Hotels. You’ll see several choices within a few miles of the drive-in.
Q: Do you host other events?
A: Yes, go to event calendar section of this website.
Q: How do I call the drive-in?
A: To book a party, or ask questions that are NOT answered on the FAQ section of this site, please call 617-787-6248. For questions or problems while you’re AT the drive-in, please see an employee.
Q: Do the rules above ever change and do I need to follow them?
A: Rules may change or be added. Even if the website hasn’t yet been updated, the rules listed here or communicated by our employees must be followed. Refusal to follow rules will result in you being asked to leave. If necessary, we’ll ask the authorities to remove you from the drive-in, without refund.
Q: Who owns the Mendon Twin Drive-In?
A: The Andelman brothers of Phantom Gourmet.
Q: Who’s the best looking brother?
We, at the Mendon Twin Drive-In would like to begin by thanking you for choosing our theater. We have listed our rules in order to provide a happy and safe environment for all of our customers.
- The management reserves the right to add or alter any rules at any time with or without notice to give the best service in protecting the customers safety and the integrity of the business.
- Larger size vans, trucks, and tall suv's will be required to park in the pink pole rows. Raised hatchbacks must be tied down to roof level. Parking lot attendants will provide twine and they also have final authority as to where you may park.
- The speed limit is 5 MPH. Please observe this for the safety of everyone.
- All vehicles must park close enough to a post enabling two cars to fit comfortably between two posts.
- Each vehicle is entitled to one parking space. If you are sitting outside of the vehicle, do not occupy another parking space. You are welcome to sit in lawn chairs and blankets, but we ask that you place chairs and blankets between your vehicle and the screen.
- You MAY NOT sit on the roof of your vehicle because you will obstruct the view of the patrons behind you and it is incredibly unsafe.
- You MAY NOT leave your car running while watching the movie due to the fumes being harmful to people around you.
- We feature FM Dolby Digital radio sound. You may bring a portable radio if you would like to sit outside your car, but you can only tune in to the movie station of the appropriate screen you are viewing.
- Show consideration for the guests parked around you. Do not use loud voices, horns, radios, or any type of sound loud enough to disturb other guests.
- Smoking is STRICTLY PROHIBITED in all parking areas, walkways and snackbar area. Guests wishing to smoke may do so only in designated smoking areas. Designated smoking areas are located on the hill behind the snackbar and on the grass along the outside perimeter of the parking areas on screen 1 & 2.
- Obscene language WILL NOT be tolerated.
- Customer must present valid ID to drink alcohol in the beer and wine garden. ID will be checked regardless of age. Acceptable ID: Valid driver's license, valid State Liquor ID, valid US passport, or valid active duty Military ID. Beer or wine may not be removed from the patio. Customers may not bring their own alcohol to the drive-in.
- No vehicle lighting is allowed while the movies are being shown. Headlights, parking lights, and interior lights must remain off.
- You may enter for the second movie only if you wish, but the price remains the same.
- You MAY NOT leave and return. Once you leave the drive-in, you will have to pay to re-enter.
- Shoes & shirts must be worn at all times in the snack bar and on the grounds for safety purposes.
- No cooking or grilling is allowed on drive-in property, because of fire regulations.
- Laser pointers are not allowed. Any person found with a laser pointer will be asked to leave immediately with no refund.
- Fireworks and sparklers of any kind are not allowed at the drive-in. Any person found with any type of fireworks will be asked to leave immediately with no refund.
- We show the movies rain or shine, therefore, we do not offer rain checks when it does rain.
- Please keep pets in vehicle except when they are being walked.
- Pets must be on a leash when walked along the perimeter of the property along the tree line.
- Pets MAY NOT be left unattended at any time.
- Please treat your pets well and protect them as well as protecting others.
- TWO VEHICLES MUST PARK BETWEEN EACH SET OF POLES.
- VEHICLES THAT PARK WITH TRUNK TOWARD THE MOVIE SCREEN MUST TIE DOWN HATCH IMMEDIATELY UPON ARRIVAL.
- VEHICLES THAT PARK BETWEEN WHITE POLES MUST BE LOWER THAN SIX FEET INCLUDING RAISED HATCH.
- VEHICLES THAT ARE HIGHER THAN SIX FEET, INCLUDING RAISED HATCH, MUST PARK BETWEEN PINK POLES.
- VEHICLES THAT ARE HIGHER THAN SIX AND A HALF FEET, INCLUDING RAISED HATCH, MUST PARK BETWEEN YELLOW POLES.
- THERE IS NO SAVING SPACES FOR FRIENDS FOR ANY REASON.
- THERE IS NO SMOKING OR DRINKING ALCOHOL IN OR NEAR VEHICLES.
- CHAIRS, BLANKETS, ETC MUST BE IN FRONT OF YOUR CAR, NOT TO THE SIDE.
- YOU MAY NOT DO ANYTHING, SUCH AS MAKE NOISE, TO DISTURB YOUR NEIGHBORS.
- THESE RULES ARE DESIGNED SO THAT EVERYONE CAN HAVE A GOOD TIME. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE RULES WILL MEAN THAT YOU’LL NEED TO LEAVE.
- THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION. ENJOY THE SHOW!